Author Topic: Recovering from a wobble  (Read 1489 times)

Captain Doom Bar

• Multistrada 1200S
Recovering from a wobble
« on: November 15, 2014, 04:19:00 PM »
This is how it's done in MotoGP.

http://youtu.be/xzB6KSlD6ec

MickJ

Re: Recovering from a wobble
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 02:16:38 PM »
I'm not surprised that this posting failed to stimulate a response from fellow members, despite what I believe is a stunning bit of utube.
So here's the thing, can any of our experienced and knowledgeable fraternity summons up the energy to comment on what they feel is the techniques or skills that avoided catastrophic outcomes to these spectacular wobbles.
Answeres on a postcard if your fingers can't cope.

AndyP

• Committee
  • Something Orange?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 02:26:09 PM »
Your correct Mick- Nearly 2 years is a long time for a response- It reminds me of a builder that have been waiting for to do some work....GRRRRR. but thats a different story!!!

Yes fantastic footage of some skilfully recovered moments- I'm guessing there were some i can't believe how i got away with that thoughts going through their minds.
Andy 
If in doubt.. Flat out!!!😎

B1k3rBum

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 10:39:21 AM »
I believe the common trait throughout is a general reluctance on the part of the riders to get off ;)

hope that helps  :)

Egg on Leggs

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 05:09:41 PM »
I have learnt that the best way to deal with a break of traction is to ease the clutch in rather than any other input. If the rear is fishtailing, wait until the bike is in line before doing it. Pulling the clutch removes a force whereas anything else adds one.

michaelbryant

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 09:30:50 AM »
Wow, what awesome (and awe-inspiring) footage.
There are some general principles: stay with it, stay on the gas, stand up on the pegs if you can, look where you want to go, and never give up. These riders are legends, totally alert, focused and extreme athletes with extraordinary reaction times and self confidence.